The Rakuten People & Culture Lab was established in October 2018 as a research institute focused on new relationships between organizations and individuals and the future of corporate culture. With its Advisory Board comprised of industry experts from a range of fields, the lab collects pioneering examples and research findings from around the world, and following verification within the Rakuten Group, aims to establish new theories and create innovative solutions.
Creating innovative insights and solutions for new relationships between organizations and individuals and the future of corporate culture.
We collect pioneering examples and research findings from around the world, and based on the insights gained through verification within the Rakuten Group, aim to establish new theories and create innovative solutions.
By sharing these theories and solutions inside and outside of the Rakuten Group, we put into practice our mission to “contribute to society by creating value through innovation and entrepreneurship.”
There were three main factors behind the lab’s establishment.
The first was the cultivation of culture, a theme that has been indispensable in expanding the Rakuten Group’s business. The Rakuten Group built its own business model, the Rakuten Ecosystem, and as it expanded, there was a need to reinforce the corporate culture’s capability to generate synergies across diverse services and organizations.
Secondly was the inspiration provided by the Rakuten Institute of Technology, the Rakuten Group’s in-house research institute, which, through its research and implementation of advanced technologies, contributes not only to the expansion of the Rakuten Group’s business but also to external organizations.
And lastly, from the perspective of the Corporate Division, as a means of putting into practice our mission to “contribute to society by creating value through innovation and entrepreneurship,” we wanted to widely contribute both inside and outside the company through the creation of innovative theories and solutions based on pioneering information from Japan and overseas.
What makes us unique
- 01Our global network
- We provide cutting-edge global knowledge gained through professionals working at the forefront of various domains.
- 02Diversity of demonstration fields
- We provide multifaceted verified results made possible by the Rakuten Group, the most diverse workplace in Japan in terms of factors such as businesses, nationalities and age.
- 03Open innovation
- To ensure high-quality output, we carry out research and develop solutions in flexible collaboration with experts in each domain.
＜Process in the sharing/distribution of research findings＞
- Pioneering theories and examples (essays, articles, books)
- Expert network
- Frameworks and services by professional organizations
- Regular Advisory Board sessions
- Collaborative research and solution development with external organizations
- Hypothesis verification output using internal Rakuten Group data
- Theory systemization (guidelines, solutions)
- Media publication (dedicated sites, books, essays, articles)
- Event appearances (conferences, training sessions)
Relationships that unite individuals and organizations and contribute to mutual growth
A state of physical,
emotional and social wellness
Organizational culture reminiscent of an unbeatable sports team
Employee Value Proposition
Value that companies can provide their employees
Cultural Intelligence (CI/CQ)
The ability to effectively achieve results in environments with different cultural backgrounds
Corporate culture that facilitates smooth communication between engineering and business personnel
Please check the contact information in lab overview for discussing collaborative opportunities.
|Name||Rakuten People & Culture Lab|
|Address||Rakuten Crimson House, 1-14-1 Tamagawa, Setagaya-ku, Tokyo 158-0094|
|Date of establishment||October 1, 2018|
The lab aims to establish innovative theories focusing on corporate culture and organizational development.